Friday, December 10, 2010

My Favourite Christmas Movies!!!!!!!



 Love Actually
It’s so sweet and optimistic. I’m a pretty hopeless pessimist and “Love Actually” makes even me optimistic.

The Family Stone
This is the family I’ve always wanted. Everyone is liberal, opinionated, quirky, and dysfunctional. Plus, SJP is awesome. And Luke Wilson melts my heart.

Home Alone
This is the classic from my childhood. It’s cringe worthy and festive all at the same time.

White Christmas
The most classic of all the classics, this movie has all the best songs, including “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” (obviously) and “Count Your Blessings.” Nothing says ‘Merry Christmas’ like Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen in matching Mrs. Claus outfits.

The Holiday
The little cottage Kate Winslet’s character lives in is pretty much my dream home. Jack Black is sweet and adorable. Cameron Diaz actually doesn’t make me want to vomit until I pass out FOR ONCE. It takes place in the festive English countryside and also in sunny L.A. The best of both worlds.

Scrooged
Bill Murray awesomeness is available in Christmas format! It’s the best spoof of A Christmas Carol ever. It’s nice to watch something a little edgy after being bombarded with the sappiness that is EVERY OTHER CHRISTMAS MOVIE.

The Santa Clause
This movie came out when I was at the perfect age to appreciate it. It’s such an awesome concept. Plus, it’s like the only holiday movie that children of divorce (*ahem* me and almost everybody else) can relate to. A modern family Christmas story.

1 comment:

  1. Home Alone,White Christmas and Scrooged are 3 of my favourites.A nice combination of comedy,edginess and a classic!

    ReplyDelete