Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Monday!

Hello My Lovelies!

We're going to try something new at Frida Therapy Headquarters. Something called Routine and Structure. They seem vaguely familiar but we are not formally acquainted. Stay tuned to this space for the next week and see the birth of some weekly traditions.

I'm happy to say that it's only Monday and already my entire week has been MADE! The stars collided in my living room last night. Two of my favorite things in the world combined in an epic moment of awesomeness:

A Frida Kahlo painting has been Simpson-ized.

As if that weren’t fabulous enough, the painting shares screen time with my little starfish-headed idol, Lisa Simpson.




In the episode titled “Girls Just Want to Have Sums,” Springfield Elementary is split to separate the boys from the girls. On her first day of girls only education, Lisa walks through the door and into a bright pink wonderland of all things girly. Lining the walls are paintings by feminist artists including Georgia O’Keefe and FRIDA KAHLO! The painting they chose to animate is “Self Portrait With Monkey” from 1938 and it looks fantastic. Plus, it’s really touching to have two of my idols in one scene. I may have teared up a little. The episode originally aired on April 30th 2006 but I saw it for the first time last night. It’s officially made my week. The happiness I get from seeing Frida and Lisa together is borderline insane!

What are you looking forward to this week?

xoxo
R.

No comments:

Post a Comment